Torturous


So, as I have been recovering from knee surgery, my Gary Fisher Supercaliber 29er is gathering dust in the garage and Spits71 sends me a video from his YouTube account of his latest ride in Rock Cut State Park set to music.  Punk.  Go ahead, rub salt in my knee.  The only thing I can com back with is that he is riding a mountain bike in a part of the country that seems to be rather flat, and not near as technical as our local Bend, Oregon favorite (thanks to COTA and lots of volunteers), Phil's Trail.  I know there are many other trails out there, and we will eventually talk about them, but since this is pretty much in my backyard, we will talk it up.  Now if you aren't from the area, you can take the time and find some maps of the area, and Adventure Maps, Inc has a few maps to choose from.  Phil's Trail is easy to get to, especially if you have been dumbed down by using a GPS, (of which the Garmin 705 Edge has to be the best ever).  The popular loop is to ride up to the Helicopter Pad and then come down through Whoops and tear through Ben's, but really, you can turn the riding into a broad selection of trails.  This isn't your cornfield maze!  In order to support my argument about the riding available in Bend, take a look at this video of Whoops.  Not the quality of camera that Spits71 uses, but you get the idea on the trail.  Maybe we will see you out there!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Is Ever Easy